We all know that advertising is a key component to having a successful business. If you’re heavily marketing your business online, you may want to consider some social networks in order to expand your horizons, and meet other people.
Why should I join a social network?
Meet people: It’s a great place to meet people that share your interests, and potentially work in the same field as you.
Market yourself: Put your business, or yourself out there, and see if other people connect with you. It’s a great way for other people to find you.
Get your business out there: Social networks are also a great way to market your business, offer coupons, and keep your exclusive customers up to date on what you’re offering. It’s a great way to keep your business name fresh in their minds.
Top 8 Social Networks for Businesses
- Facebook: This is the top dog out of all the social network websites. Connect with people, businesses, create a page, and advertise as well.
- Linkedin: This is designed more for people towards people. It’s a great way to meet other people in your industry.
- Myspace: If you haven’t heard of this site, you’re probably hiding under a rock. Just like Facebook, but not as hot anymore. Still a lot of members to market to though.
- StumbleUpon: Great browser plug in software. Join close to 3 million members, and share what you have to offer in terms of business.
- Digg: One of the biggest social networks out there. If you can manage to get your content on the front page of Digg, you’re going to do a lot of damage to your web servers!
- Twitter: Again, another hot social network that’s dominating the web right now. Report statuses up to 140 characters long, get friends, and more.
- Meetup: This is a favorite of mine. Find meetups in your local town. If you want to meet farmer’s, look for meetings. Find all kinds of people from all over the USA, and more.
- Del.icio.us: Like Digg, it’s a great platform to meet friends, post your content, and try to drive traffic to your site.
There are thousands of social networks online, but it’s essential that you join the big named ones. These have a big community/member base, and if you’re looking to advertise, these are some great ways that you can.