If you’ve just started your own small business you may be thinking of ways to advertise and spread the word to others. When owning small business we want to get people familiar with our business and keep them coming to us for products or help on certain things. There are many different ways to advertise like by direct mail, newspaper ads, radio, magazines, etc. There is also another way that is pretty popular, telemarketing. Although telemarketing isn’t for everyone, it works for many people. Could you be one of these people? Continue to read below to find out!
- You can reach many different people.
- You can call locally, nationally or globally.
- A phone call is easy to make.
- You can call from anywhere at anytime.
- It is cost effective compared to many other advertising ideas.
- You can get a lot of information across if your script is properly structured.
- You can reach all age groups.
- An increasing number of people have become averse to telemarketing.
- May need to hire a professional to prepare an effective script.
- More people are using technology to screen out unwanted callers, particularly telemarketers.
- You may get a lot of hang ups.
- A lot of business use telemarketing.
- A lot of people don’t want to be bothered when at home.
- People don’t like when you call their number unless they’ve given it to you.
- It may be costly if calls aren’t local.
- You may need to hire a lot of people to help you (which costs even more money.)
- People may think it is a scam.
There are many ways to get your small business name familiar with others. Find a way that works best for you and consider telemarketing. Are there more pros or cons for you listed above? If you think it may work, give it a shot!